Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

                                      OOTD// Monochrome 



Like most girls, black is one of my go to colours when it comes to piecing outfits together. For the obvious reasons as well, it's by far the most slimming colour than works on my body shape, It looks sleek and sophisticated and as a nice little bonus you rarely have to give great thought into what would match since every shade can compliment black. At the moment I'm loving wearing one really eyecatching statement piece ( in this case the dress) and very basic accessories such as block coloured shoes and bag.

The Dress: This beautiful little gem I picked up a few months back at good old Urban Outfitters, A girls best and a banks worst enemy haha. I was just draw to the simple oversized structure of the dress and the abstract monochrome print on the front. I bought A size small and it fits me perfectly, keep in mind it is styled to look big around the bottom but the upper half is exactly where it needs to be. Plus you can't complain that it has hidden pockets to ensure you liptick is close to you at all times. Or is that just me?

The accessories: Like I previously mentioned im loving real basic accessories atm, so all black everything is right up my street. Lets start with the shoes, we all know what a pair on knee high black boots look like, your mum, sister, auntie, granny and neighbours dog has a pair of suede high rise boots! But what I like in particular about these ones from BHS ( A million years ago) is that they have a rather small heel but still look a sleek as some of the sky scrappers you see in the shops. The bag however is new to my collection. It was a gift of my Mum for Christmas, by red herring in Debenhams & I love it! its a very simple one strap hand bag, no shoulder strap included. What enticed me about this specific item was that it is the perfect size for an everyday bag. I can fit my purse, keys, small makeup bag, compact mirror, ipad and other lady essentials with no problem or squeeze whatsoever.

What styles are you sporting right no?
Thanks for reading, Jade x.

No comments:

Post a Comment