Pages

Monday 16 February 2015

                                          
                                     Organisation Tips







Personally I used to find it very difficult to orrganise my lifestyle. Especially being a student, working a part time job, teaching dance classes and getting introduced to blogging now too, plus that dosent even include my the social aspect of life. So I made it my new years resolution to make myself more organised on every level of my life and thought it could be helpful to some of you if I share some tips an tricks that help me.

#1 Get a diary! 
I know this sounds so so simple but honestly it helps me out so much, with deadlines, placements and work shifts to balance I feel that physically writing it into my diary processes it into my mind. Prior to this I used to just write things down on my phone but I always forgot to check my notes and calender so this method helps me out a lot more.

#2 clean out your phone/laptop/ipad
Honestly, I am AWFUL with technology! to the point where I have only just understood how to set up icloud and I have had an iphone for the past 4 years. And at the start of January I synced all of my devices together cleaned them all out of apps and pointless stuff being stored on it and it helps the process of time keeping and being organsied. I can write my blog post's from my phone on the bus to work or on my dinner break during lectures and then come home take the pictures add them and its done. 

#3 Have 'You time' 
You might be thinking whattttt? how does that help. Personally I set monday nights as my nights. I have no work on mondays, No placement work or uni work to do so its my night for me to reflect on what I have done the week previously and what I wish to achieve in the week coming up. If you are busy and always on the go day to day it becomes to easy to forget things or overlook situations, thats why it SO important to have reflective time because it will give you time to concentrate on all aspects of your life. Most importantly dont try to do it all at once, you will only de-motivate yourself

#4 Keep a notebook
It's only this year that I have started keeping a diary to scribble down thoughts I might have about assignment ideas, blog post's I want to do, things that have inspired me and so on..
Just a cheap pad from the poundshop that you can throw in your bag and use wherever and whenever you wish.

#5 Organise your finances
I know this is a personal one but managing your finances with manage your life in a much more positive way. So many people spend time worrying about money and their expenditures which I completely understand and I am so bad at doing it myself. One tip that has really helped me is once all my bills are paid I divide my finances left for the month into weekly allowances, which allows me to know how much I have to spend per week to save me falling short the week before payday which is what I used to do every month! It also allows you to manage your weekly time because you will know if you can afford to do such and such a thing on such a day, and if not you have that spare time to do something else productive like uni work, blogging, family time etc.


Hope you find some of my methods helpful,
Thanks for reading xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment